(NEWSER) – Miley Cyrus' Today interview this morning was pretty standard stuff ("This is just who I am," "I don't ever really plan to offend people, but sometimes that happens," "I know who I am, and I know that I am an artist," etc.), with the exception of this awkward exchange between Cyrus and Matt Lauer highlighted by Jezebel:
- Lauer: "Is this a phase? Is this sexual side of you that we're seeing a lot of right now something that's going to be here for a while, and then you move on to something else?"
- Cyrus: "I heard when you turn 40 things start to go a little less sexual. So probably around 40, around that time I heard that's when people don't have sex anymore. So I guess maybe around then."
- Lauer: "Do you know how old I am?"
- Cyrus: "I'm going to guess 40."
- Lauer: "I love you again! Fifty-five."
- Cyrus: "Fifty-five … Oh, well, then you're really definitely not sexual."