Do something different for Father's Day.... Focus on giving your dad stuff that can save his live. Though Father's Day should be a time for celebrating what your father has sacrificed to allow us to live the lives we have chosen. To me it's a wake up call a lot of our father's have literally sacrificed their health. Not to be a downer... but let's get real. Over 45% of our Father's are challenged by either diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and or obesity.
One of the main indicators that your dad's health is endanger is belly fat!!!! So if you see belly fat on your pop's and you still thinking about buying a tie, cologne, soap or worse yet socks think again. Consider the gifts I listed below:
1) Take your dad to the Doctor for a check up. Blood pressure, Cholesterol screenings and blood workup to analyze your dad's health can detect signs of an underlying disease and save his life... some of us put off Doctor's appointments.
2) Body Fat Analyzer cost from $39-$99. It's one of the most important things you could give to your dad... it say's I love you and want you to live. Knowing his body fat percent tells him if he's endanger and what habits lower and raise his body fat percent.
3) Heart Rate Monitor cost between $15-$60 It's fantastic prevents your dad from over doing it when he exercises.
4) Schedule time a few times a month to exercise with your dad. Thousands of sports-loving, ESPN watching dads have been watching TV and neglecting regular exercise. Spending time walking with you is a great reason to not watch TV.
5) Hire a Fitness Professional cost between $35- $100 to help dad set achievable fitness goals and reach them without injury. What you don't know will hurt you, but doing what you think yo know will kill you in some cases when it comes to exercise. Call Dr. Fitness at 904.307.6084 if you have any questions.