Are you afraid to be Fat? I know this is a loaded question, maybe you see yourself as a healthy person with a good body image and no fear of getting fat.
How your fear of fat can harm you? Eating disorders are high on the list of my clients afraid to be Fat. If you feel eating low fat is the solution to avoid getting fat you are in trouble!
The thing is, it’s important to eat real fat.
Fat plays many life-supporting roles in each cell of our body. Nature has packaged fat into many real foods (e.g. coconut, avocados, eggs, dairy, meat) because they work in sync with the whole food to help us get the nutrition we need.
Why Eating Fat is Good:
- allows you to absorb fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) — which are essential in their own right. For example, vitamin D, among many other crucial functions, increases calcium absorption, which helps with bone and teeth strength
- keeps your cells and nervous system strong, since fats form part of every cell membrane
- helps you to make hormones that improve your metabolism
- provides a highly dense, ready energy source
- protects your organs
- hydrate your skin from the inside out
- keep you full longer, so you’re less likely to eat junk or eat mindlessly.
What is it called when you are afraid to be fat? Free workout for the first person to email me the answer. :-) For more information instagram or tweet me at @iamdrfitness