Acupuncture Gone Wrong,Woman Dies After Using Bees

posted by It's Just Jordyn - 

I'm not sure it's something that would have ever crossed my mind, but in Spain, using live bees for acupuncture sessions is a thing. 

According to CBS, a 55-year-old woman gave the session a try, but ended up having an allergic reaction sending her into a coma. Based on a report written by her doctor, for the last two years, the woman had been attending the sessions every four weeks, but had never had a reaction before. 

Live Bees

During her apitherapy session, or "bee therapy," the woman began wheezing and then loss consciousness after a bee sting.

The definition of apitherapy is: the use of products derived from bees as medicine, including venom, honey, pollen, and royal jelly.

So technically putting honey in your tea when sick is a form of it as well. 

It's safe to say that this is definitely something I won't be trying, but if the benefits were worth it, would you?? Click here to read the full article. 

Just Jordyn

Just Jordyn

From movies to music to festivals, Just Jordyn reviews and covers all pop culture topics for her show #LetMeTellYou.

title

Content Goes Here