We've been blessed to have some LEGENDARY battles and entertainment provided by the show "VERZUZ," put together by Swizz Beatz and Timbaland whom originally kicked off the concept with a battle of their own on production credits.
Since, we've seen T-Pain vs. Lil Jon, the notorious Teddy Riley vs. Babyface, Jill Scott vs. Erykah Badu, Ludacris vs. Nelly and just last night, Jagged Edge vs. 112. These notorious battles have made for huge conversation and a moment of nostalgia for fans to take their minds off of everything going on around them these days.
But the serious question is - WHY ARE WE STILL DOING IT ON IG LIVE when we know there are connection and sound issues?
How did Babyface audio sound so crisp?
He used something called an iRig. It tricks your iPhone into thinking you have headphones plugged in, when you also have an outlet to a mic splitter as well.
SO - WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE ELSE USE THIS?
I. DON'T. KNOW.
What we should have learned so far from these trial and error battles:
- If a party joins and you can't hear them, have them leave and then join again. (Teddy Riley, Nelly, 112)
- Do not attempt to have a full band ensemble with unnecessary hookups (Teddy Riley)
- If the weather's bad - hopefully you have good WiFi (Nelly)
But unfortunately, some things are out of the participants control:
- The audio levels when another party joins (Jagged Edge, Nelly/Luda)
- WiFi connection (Nelly/Luda)
- The AMOUNT of watchers that may crash the server and allow the app to freeze (ALL)
So honestly, why haven't we moved this battle of the GREATS to a more reliable platform such as YouTube streaming and/or Twitch, which are both platforms made for this exact thing. Or possibly Facebook Live, since they made dual lives a thing.