The Pros and Cons of Detox Cleanses
A juice cleanse is a type of detox diet that involves consuming vegetable and or fruit juice for a short period of time, such as one to three days. It is also sometimes called a juice fast.
There are many different varieties of juice cleanses. Some involve homemade juice made with fresh fruits and vegetables run through a juicer or pulverized in a blender, while others require store-bought juices.
Pro’s of Doing a Detox Cleanse
- Quick Weight Loss
- Spiritual Lift
- Boost Energy
- Boost Immunity
- Reduce Inflammation
- Flush Toxins
- Reduce Craving for Processed Foods
- Improve Gut Micro-Biome
Con’s of Doing a Detox Cleanse
- Kidney Stones
- Low Blood Sugar
- Weight Loss is not sustained
- Bacterial Infections from improper Produce Washing
- Does Not Provide Adequate Nutrition
For More Pro’s and Less Con’s Do This!
- Understand the main focus of the Cleanse
- Only Eat and drink Detox Compliant Foods
- Don’t do it without enlisting the help of a qualified nutrition professional
- Check with your Primary Health Care Provider before beginning a Detox.
- For help finding a qualified Nutrition, Health or Wellness professional to assist you text me at 904.236.5858 “Dr.Fitness”
It's important to have the support of a nutrition professional or wellness coach. Not all cleanses are the same. Most are not healthy and are gimmicky, in some cases downright dangerous. While you will likely lose weight, and reduce your cravings for sugar and process foods you also run the risk of losing mostly water weight and muscle, too. While potentially gaining gallstones stones, or very painful kidney stones and other potential dangers. Text me for help finding the support you need to detox safely 904.236.5858.
Dr. Fitness “Max”
Age Well Fitness