Breast Cancer is the Most Common Cancer Among Black Women in the U.S.*
As a woman of color, it is important to be aware of these facts:
- In the U.S., breast cancer is the second most common cause of cancer death in black women.
- Black women have a 40% higher death rate than white women in the U.S.
- Younger black women appear to be more at risk for more aggressive types of breast cancer including triple-negative breast cancer in the U.S.
- Black women are more likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer before the age of 40 than white women in the U.S.
Make sure you have an Action Plan:
- Know your risk.
- Get screened.
- Know what is normal for you.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices.
For more information, visit Komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636).
*accredited to the Susan G. Komen Foundation
Are you Registered for Sista Strut?